First and foremost, it is very important that you feed your dog a quality dog food. All dog foods are not created equal. Make sure that you ask your vet for the latest recommendations at every veterinarian appointment as we are continually learning about new research and best species appropriate recommendations to optimize your dogs health and longevity! We offer our recommendations and advise based on the current information and experience we have accumulated over the years. Your vet may have new recommendations based on the latest research studies which are ongoing.
If you live in Colorado, Dogma pet store in Evergreen is one of our favorite stores and carries Rawbbel a Colorado Product.
Highest quality dog foods will cost a little more, but you feed less as your dog’s digestive system absorbs more of the nutrients. You usually see fewer stools as well. The cost of the food may initially seem high, but usually, you are feeding less than you would if you were purchasing a grocery store food. Your dog is a loved family member and deserves to be fed a quality rich food that will keep him or her in the best possible health for a very, very long time!
Recommended Dog & Puppy Food & Treats
For the puppy’s first food and gradually feeding of quality all stages of adult dog food, we feed our Doodles.
Recommended Puppy Food feeding schedule
All stages food and what we are feeding the puppies.
We recommended Zignature Lamb small bits.
- Breakfast is 1/2 cup ( important give a 1/4 cup at a time ) 2 – feedings in the morning. WATER: give the first drinking water 40 mins after food, then freshwater all day.
- Lunch is 1/2 a cup — two feedings of 1/4 an of a-cup.
- Dinner is ONLY 1/4 a CUP or less than half of other meals. As the puppy grows give puppy more food. Some puppies “graze” and this is fine and normal, leave their food out for an hour or so, but don’t free feed.
- Do not mix wet canned or any water or soft food with dry kibble, can create digestion problems, and it’s a choking hazard!
- Water: Make sure your puppy always has clean water, we do a quart or more for a puppy and change-out 5 times daily.
- Your pup will go potty about 15 to 20 minutes after eating.
- Supplements: for Health:
Quality Coconut oil – unrefined organic – is called “ Virgin Coconut “ at 11 to 12 weeks old give one teaspoon or less and as an adult give about a 1 tablespoon, about 4 times weekly or daily.
* Only after the puppy is 3 months old, and only 2 to 3 times weekly.
- Plain Whole milk Yogurt about 1 teaspoon. ( for the puppy) not with mealtime, a couple of times a week.
- You can give organic cooked pumpkin, sweet potato ONLY about -1 tablespoon with (cooked hamburger meat meatball size) 3 or 4 times a month for extra nutrition. This helps to firm up the puppies’ stool.
Best to buy small bags of dog food that are 15lbs to start with, especially when introducing new food and protein sources, start small and gradually add more to
Do NOT mix wet food with Dry dog Food Kibble, it can create digestion problems, and it’s a choking hazard.
Recommended Chew Treat
Rawbbel is a quality puppy and dog treat and we crumble onto kibble sometimes.