First and foremost, it is very important that you feed your dog a quality dog food. All dog foods are not created equal. Make sure that you ask your vet for the latest recommendations at every veterinarian appointment as we are continually learning about new research and best species appropriate recommendations to optimize your dogs health and longevity! We offer our recommendations and advise based on the current information and experience we have accumulated over the years. Your vet may have new recommendations based on the latest research studies which are ongoing.
Bixbi is a quality puppy dog Food & treats.
We have a special discount code for you too! See below~
If you live in Colorado, Dogma pet store in Evergreen is one of our favorite stores and carries Bixbi and other quality dog products.
Highest quality dog foods will cost a little more, but you feed less as your dog’s digestive system absorbs more of the nutrients. You usually see fewer stools as well. The cost of the food may initially seem high, but usually, you are feeding less than you would if you were purchasing a grocery store food. Your dog is a loved family member and deserves to be fed a quality rich food that will keep him or her in the best possible health for a very, very long time!
Recommended Dog & Puppy Food & Treats
For the puppy’s first food and gradually feeding of quality all stages of adult dog food, we feed our Doodles.
Recommended Puppy Food feeding schedule
All stages food and what we are feeding the puppies.
We recommended Royal Canin Puppy G.I.
(found at Vets ) &
Bixbi Lamb & Rancher’s Red :
- Breakfast is 1/2 cup ( important give a 1/4 cup at a time ) 2 – feedings in the morning. WATER: give the first drinking water 40 mins after food, then freshwater all day.
- Lunch is 1/2 a cup — two feedings of 1/4 an of a-cup.
- Dinner is ONLY 1/4 a CUP or less than half of other meals. As the puppy grows give puppy more food. Some puppies “graze” and this is fine and normal, leave their food out for an hour or so, but don’t free feed.
- Do not mix wet canned or any water or soft food with dry kibble, can create digestion problems, and it’s a choking hazard!
- Water: Make sure your puppy always has lots clean water, we do a quart or more for a puppy and change-out 5 times daily.
- Your pup will go potty about 15 to 20 minutes after eating.At 4 months old :
Good next ( all stages ) Bixbi food to add to puppy diet is Rancher’s Red:
- Supplements: for Health:
Quality Coconut oil -organic – is called “ Virgin Coconut “
For Puppy at 12 to 13 weeks old,
Organic Virgin Cocoanut Oil (for puppy start with 1/2 of teaspoon) then give up to a TBL spoon to adult dogs. Not with mealtime, about 4 times a weekly. Better than fish oil or most supplements.
- You can give organic cooked sweet potato ONLY about -1 tablespoon with (cooked hamburger meat meatball size) 3 or 4 times a month for extra nutrition. This helps to firm up the puppies’ stool.
Introducing new protein sources with different flavors is important for a good dog diet. Best to give as a treat for a week with any new food , also especially introducing rich treats always start small and gradually then add more to puppy -dogs normal foods.
Do NOT mix wet food with Dry dog Food Kibble, it can create digestion problems, and it’s a choking hazard.
Fresh Water, lots of water
Recommended Chew Treat
Rawbble is a quality puppy and dog treat and we crumble onto kibble sometimes.
Our dogs love Rawbble Beef as a supercharged treat! – we do not hydrate and we use it as a supplement and they love the taste and it is highly recommended as a special treat!
We have a special discount code for you too! Order thru Bixbi (made in Boulder Colorado) to receive a special GorgeousDoodle discount: https://bixbipet.com/dog-food Use this coupon code to receive a one-time use of 20% off your first order!
Code: tasteofbixbi For all orders ongoing receive 5% off with the coupon
If you live in Colorado, Dogma pet store in Evergreen is one of our favorite stores, and carries Rawbbel a Colorado Product.
See lots of fun photos and videos of our GorgeousDoodles families on our Pics and Vids page, and on our YouTube and Facebook accounts!